4.26.2008

Barefoot Pinot Grigio

Country: USA
Region: California (Modesto)
Thoughts: It's been a long, long while since I made any posts here - and with good reason. From April 2 until now, and really ongoing for the forseeable future, my wife and I have gone from living in apartment to buying a house to moving in. We're still unpacking and will be for a long while. But as the whole process was going, wine tasting got pushed to the background. If I needed a drink, which happened occasionally, I reached for a beer; it was easy enough and I didn't have to think about what I was tasting. But last night, we were happy to have our friend, Donna, over as our first official dinner guest - however, it should be noted that it was dinner in the most casual sense. She brought along a bottle of Barefoot, one of those wines I had seen often but never had bothered to pick up. So I figured that would be a great way to get back into the wine blog. The bouquet was very sweet and the taste nicely followed; the citrus notes were larger than the word "notes" implies, almost to the point of being overwhelming. If you could get around that, however, the wine was pretty mellow; all in all, it was a decent value for the money, much like our other favorite large bottle, Beringer.
Do-over? Another good value that delivers in a pinch
Final Grade: B-

No comments: