12.24.2007

Big Fire Pinot Gris '06

Country: USA
Region: Willamette Valley, Ore.
Winemaker: R. Stuart & Co. Winery
Thoughts: Simply put, this wine is why I've started writing this blog. My wife and I had it for my birthday dinner a few years ago and it was this that sparked my curiosity in wine; its inclusion appears for posterity, since I'd made up my mind long ago about its quality. It has a very sweet, complex nose - like a strum, I wrote, with several components coming together in one harmonious whole. The first sip is sweet and smooth with more than a hint of oakiness (which later morphed into a bit of a honey taste). It jumped on the tip of my tongue, almost like it was carbonated. Thanks to the efforts of several, the wine did not last long; were it in my stead alone, it would have incurred the same fate.
Do-over? Absolutely
Final Grade: A-

No comments: