3.01.2008

Cave de Tain Crozes Hermitage Rhone '06

Country: France
Thoughts: My wife, as usual, described this wine best: "It's like a cross between sauvignon blanc and pinot grigio." The dryness came through like a champion in both the nose and the taste. The bouquet really reminded me of like a strong plastic smell, something from my childhood that I can't place at the moment. But I didn't mind it much, maybe because that smell meant I had just gotten something new. (Cripes, how much have I had to drink today? Anyway, bear with me.) The taste followed through nicely, leaving a bit of a pucker on my lips. The wine seemed to open a bit on the finish, but quickly faded into - what else? - dryness. The whole experiment was interesting because it wasn't a crisp, harsh dryness; instead of biting, it simply seemed to be the driving force (which makes sense enough in my mind, anyway). The closing though in my notes was this: "Good for a certain kind of mood - but what mood?" I'm still trying to figure that out.
Do-over? Maybe, maybe not
Ingredients: 100 percent Marsanne
Final Grade: C+
-----
EDITED to to include winery in the header and to include ingredients.

No comments: