5.27.2008

La Crema Chardonnay '06

Country: USA
Region: California
Thoughts: The bottle sat unused in the wine fridge for some time - I hope it didn't feel neglected. Truth is, I'd been meaning to try it, but I just hadn't found the right opportunity. Monday evening proved the right opportunity - despite some initial hesitancy. I haven't always had the best luck with California chardonnays; I suppose I should give them a break, since my judgment was clouded by this disaster. I tell you that to tell you this: The bouquet was moderately fruity, with more than a hint of butter. "Oh no," I thought, "not again." But the wine ended up working out well; the taste was a diverse fruitiness and the only hint of butter was in the finish; thankfully, it was diminished. In all, it was a smooth drink that - slowly and surely - is helping me realize that not all chardonnays taste like one of my dinner rolls.
Do-over? At the right price; a very middle-of-the-road selection
Final Grade: B

No comments: