1.20.2008

Tohu Sauvignon Blanc '06

Country: New Zealand
Thoughts: As you may remember, my last venture with sauvignon blanc didn't end so well. I'm happy to report that I forgot the bad experience, got back and rode with reckless abandon. So that brought me to Tohu, which Lindsay proclaimed to be very good, and I was happy to jump aboard. I was taken aback by the nose, which was very earthy - it smelled almost like a forest of evergreens. I didn't really know what to expect, but the intensity of the smell did come as a surprise. The taste followed suit - earthy with a lot going on, clean and crisp. It passed the complexity test, and I'm happy to report it was a solid drink and rather refreshing. Though I'm not certain why I'd need to feel refreshed on a day when temps barely made it past 20.
Do-over? Sure, though I'd likely wait until it's warmer outside
Final Grade: B+

No comments: