1.03.2008

Angelique Sauvignon Blanc '06

Country: USA
Region: California (Russian River Valley)
Winemaker: Martin Ray Winery
Thoughts: It's entirely possible I'm really out of practice, but this did nothing for me. The nose smelled weird to me, which started us off on a bad foot. "No," my wife reassured, "that's what sauvignon blanc is supposed to smell like." Alright, then. The nose was overpowering; the first word that leaped into my mind was "loud." The taste was harsh at the beginning; it smoothed out nicely for my wife - "I'd drink this again," she said - but not for me. She advised that I keep it on the front of my tongue. I did, but it didn't help. It tasted like, well, wine, or at least the version of wine that I had in mind before I started this little experiment. It had a terribly dry aftertaste, which was a turn-off for me. (And my deepest apologies on the poorly lit photo; I'll try and take another during the daytime.)
Do-over? Not for me
Final Grade: D

No comments: