9.06.2008

Hanna Chardonnay '06

Country: USA
Region: California
Thoughts: How apropos. Hanna visited us twice today; for much of the day, she rained and blew and made for a rather ugly day. After she left, she returned in the form a very typical California chardonnay. But hey, at least the latter doesn't threaten damage to life and limb and does the very admirable job of getting me drunk. (And, while I'm thinking of it, I'm loving the idea of using our wireless network with a reliable and decidedly unshitty laptop. In terms of insta-blogging, there's nothing better. My old, POS laptop - a $300 eBay special - was far too clunky to enjoy in the living room.) Anyway, this had all the hallmarks of a typical California chardonnay but nothing to distinguish it from the others. The nose, taste and finish were all precisely what I'd expect from a well-oaked Cali chard. I really wish there was something more to it than that - you all know the joy I take in verbosity - but it's really kind of blah, with nothing that's remotely remarkable. This is chardonnay No. 18 (skip to :48) and there's really nothing I can detect that sets it apart in any way from any of the other 17. But, then again, it's getting me drunk at the end of a wet day, so I can't complain too much, can I?
Do-over? Can't see a reason for it
Final Grade: C+
-- UPCOMING MILESTONE: If you haven't been keeping count, this is wine No. 95 (:30). That means only five more until the century mark. We'll have something special when we hit 100, but I'm still deciding what that celebration will be.
As always, thanks for reading along!

No comments: