2.03.2008

Naked Chardonnay '05

Country: USA
Region: California (Paso Robles)
Winemaker: Four Vines Winery
Thoughts: OK, OK, I admit it. I was intrigued by the name. But not for the reasons you might imagine (well, maybe a tad). I was still stung by bad experience with the Simi chardonnay, but I figured with a "naked" version I would have no such difficulties. Indeed, I wasn't disappointed. The nose was crisp and refreshing - fruity, not dry - and I wondered to myself: This is chardonnay? I just have to remember that chardonnay can be well done, though the buttery scars from the Simi won't be undone anytime soon. The taste was spicy and crisp but clear and quite good. I was a little puckery after the first sip but got better through the glass. There was little to no finish, which made for a bit of a downer. All in all, not bad. My faith in chardonnay grows, ever so slightly.
Do-over? I'd have no problem with it
Final Grade: B

No comments: