2.08.2008

Waterbrook Chardonnay '05

Country: USA
Region: Columbia Valley, Wash.
Thoughts: Whaddya know, two straight from the fine state of Washington (I'm certain my wife would like to remind, dear reader, to cheer for those Huskies). This one, however, did not live up to the expectations of the one below. The bouquet was virtually non-existent; there was some fruitiness, but it was barely noticeable - even after a few swirls of the glass. The taste was fruity enough, though I don't recall it being to the level of, Wow! (In my notes, I had "... only had 1 FF" but damned if I can remember what FF stood for...) In all, it was slightly better than I was hoping for. The dreaded buttery flavor reared its head from time to time, but usually only after I'd had a bite of steak. It's serviceable, but little more.
Do-over? Hard to find a reason to justify it
Final Grade: B-

No comments: