2.02.2008

Upcoming

The Chateau Montet review has been completed, just in case you didn't notice. Standalone version here.

I've had enough recommendations that I've taken you guys up on them. Thanks to the anonymous poster who recommended Maso Canali. We picked it up at Total Wine today and it's in our tasting queue.

Thanks, as always, to my brother-in-law Mark, a sometime commenter here. He offered a few suggestions back on the second wine we ever reviewed. We did our best at Total Wine but came up short in all three: I'm not certain they had L'Ecole; they had Stag's Leap, but not the viognier; and Benzinger was in plentiful supply.

We asked one of the guys for help.

"Where did you get these from?" he asked.

"My brother-in-law in Idaho," I told him.

"Ahh," he said, adding that he didn't think Idahoans were able to get their hands on much good wine. So he went through our choices, all 12 of them. He brushed by some, mocked others ("Pink pinot grigio? That's a girlie wine") and praised a handful as good choices.

Only a few were repeats: the aforementioned pink pinot grigio (hey, I'm secure in my manhood) as well as a bottle of Evolution.

The bottom line, then, is that we've got enough wine to keep us busy. Plus we get some bonus tries tonight when we go out for an early birthday dinner at BLT Steak. Should be fun!

No comments: